Federal Student Work Experience Program
The Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP) is the primary vehicle through which federal organizations can recruit secondary school, CEGEP, college, technical institute and university students for temporary jobs.
Whether you're looking for summer or part-time students, you have the following recruiting options:
- Access the FSWEP inventory of student applicants by submitting to the PSC a request for referrals. In general, you will receive five referrals for each job opportunity available. Please follow these steps:
- Complete and submit a FSWEP Request for Referrals form from the PSC Web site;
- Receive a list of approximately five students whom you must contact and assess;
- Verify the student's Canadian citizenship;
- Request proof of full-time student status;
- Make the offer of employment;
- Document your staffing file; and
- Develop a learning plan for the student.
- Create your own FSWEP advertisement, enabling you to post on-line positions that aim to meet particular staffing requirements and recruit students who have applied.
- Contact your Human Resources Advisor to see whether your organization already has an advertisement in place.
- If you do not already have an advertisement in place, submit a request to create one by sending an E-mail to email@example.com.
- Re-employ an FSWEP student by completing a FSWEP Request for Re-employment.
For more information, contact your nearest PSC office.
- Student Eligibility
- Rates of pay
- FSWEP Request for Referrals
- Re-employment Process
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Date modified: