General Administration Test
The following questions are similar to those on the General Administration Test (GAT). The correct answers are at the bottom of this page. Note that you will not be permitted to use a calculator during this test.
You have been asked by your supervisor to calculate the rental cost of three floors in a new office building. In order to determine the total rental cost of the three floors, what information is necessary?
- The square footage available on the three floors.
- The rental cost per square foot.
Investments by major financial institutions in Canada include bonds, stocks, and mortgages. Banks, insurance companies, trust companies, and loan companies are subject to statutory limitations in respect of such investments to ensure that the interests of depositors and policy holders are not exposed to unreasonable financial risks. According to this information, which of the following conclusions can be made?
- Investments in real estate are not subject to statutory limitations.
- Statutory limitations guard against exposure to certain financial risks.
A company's total sales are expected to increase by one-half in the coming year while the cost/profit ratio is expected to remain constant. Which of the following additional information is necessary to estimate the company's actual profit for the coming year?
- The company's total sales for the current year were $100,000.
- Costs for the current year were equal to one-half the sales amount.
The financial analysts in your organization are preparing two independent studies using the same set of data. You have been asked by your supervisor to determine if greater efficiency might be realized by coordinating the two studies. Of the sequences presented, which would be the most appropriate to carry out the following steps to accomplish this task?
- Review the goals and requirements of the two studies.
- Identify the data relevant to common objectives of the studies.
- Discuss with the analysts the most efficient manner of dealing with the data relevant to both studies.
- Identify the objectives common to both studies.
You have been asked to respond in writing to a letter of complaint about rudeness on the part of a customs officer. Which of the following responses is the most appropriate?
- We regret any difficulties you may have encountered when you recently passed through customs. We will investigate the matter promptly and contact you shortly with our findings.
- We appreciate that you are concerned enough about our services to report this matter to the proper authorities. Those authorized will investigate your allegations and will attempt to ascertain what actually happened.
- We are investigating your allegations against our services. They are not only to protect our country, but also to serve the public. You will hear from us shortly.
- We are initiating an immediate investigation of the incident you reported to us and wish to apologize in advance for any inconvenience, if such occurred, which you may have encountered.
- Date modified: