- If you have a disability and you require testing accommodations, be sure to notify those in charge of the test administration well in advance of the testing date so that they can take the necessary steps to determine appropriate accommodations.
- All test takers are to bring one piece of signature identification containing a photograph (e.g., government photo identification, photo health card, driver's licence, or passport). Public Servants are to bring their photo identification along with their Personal Record Identifier (PRI), which will be recorded on the answer sheet.
- Arrive in plenty of time before the test. You will NOT be allowed into the room once the test has begun.
- Budget your time, work as quickly as possible, and use all the time available. Do not spend unnecessary time on a question that you find too difficult. Leave it and return to it if you have time at the end of the test. If you finish the test early, go back and review your answers.
- Answer all questions. Read the whole question. Eliminate answers that you know are wrong. By reducing the number of choices, you increase your chance of selecting the correct answer. Guess if you are not sure of the correct answer. There is no penalty for wrong answers.
- How to prepare for the test. There are a number of ways to prepare for the test. These include studying relevant documentation, which you may find at "The New PSEA" , or learning about the Appointment Framework through activities such as the 2005 PSC Get Ready "Series 1" sessions or the courses offered by the Canada School of Public Service.
- Privacy Statement
"The information pertaining to your results on this particular test will be disclosed to the requesting department or organization for staffing related matters. The personal information you provide in Part 2 of the Answer Sheet is voluntary and will be used by the Public Service Commission only, for statistical purposes and to do analysis and research in the areas of test development. All information is collected under the authority of the Public Service Employment Act and is protected under the Privacy Act. For more information, see Info Source (Personal Information Bank numbers PSC-PPU-025/030/035)."
- Date modified: