Now available! The 2010 Post-Secondary Targeted Career Stream Inventories (11-03)
The Public Service Commission has moved since this document was first published and therefore the address and telephone numbers indicated may no longer be accurate. Please consult the Contact Us page for up-to-date contact information.
Letter to heads of human resources are available via an RSS Feed .
The eight targeted career stream inventories, comprised of more than 7 500 qualified university or college graduates, are available for all entry-level officer positions at the first three levels of all groups, from a wide variety of educational fields. The inventories are:
- Human Resources Management;
- Legal Advisory and Legal Support Services;
- Health Sciences;
- Program Delivery and Support;
- Engineering and Scientific Support;
- Information Technology;
- Business and Social Sciences; and
- Pure, Natural and Applied Sciences.
Important message for all Human Resources professionals:
We encourage you to ensure that your hiring managers check the inventories before posting a new job opportunity and use the inventories for all indeterminate, term or casual appointments.
Benefits of the inventories
- The Public Service Commission (PSC) has already completed the posting, screening and pre-testing of all candidates!
- 72 hours for a list of candidates, interested, available and mobile;
- It’s free; the PSC has absorbed all costs!
- Flexible and tailored to your needs. You choose:
- The number of candidates;
- The educational level(s) and specialization(s);
- The experience criteria that you wish to apply; and
- The specific tests and pass marks that are relevant to the position.
- Candidates have successfully passed three tests:
- Situational Judgement Test;
- Graduate Recruitment Test; and
- Written Communication proficiency Test.
Together, we can reduce the time and cost of staffing. Please ensure that your human resources professionals and client managers are aware of these Career Stream Inventories. A pdf document is attached for ease of communication and distribution in your respective organizations.
Post-Secondary Recruitment inventories are an efficient and effective hiring solution. No time to staff? We can conduct further assessment for you, such as interviews and reference checks. For further information, please visit www.psc-cfp.gc.ca or contact Cindy Clark, Program Manager, Post-Secondary Recruitment, at 613-992-9987 or at email@example.com.
National Client Services Directorate
Public Service Commission
- Date modified: