Amendment to the Appointment Delegation and Accountability Instrument (10-15)
The Public Service Commission has moved since this document was first published and therefore the address and telephone numbers indicated may no longer be accurate. Please consult the Contact Us page for up-to-date contact information.
Letters to Heads of Human Resources are available via an RSS Feed .
The Public Service Commission (PSC) recently amended the Appointment Delegation and Accountability Instrument (ADAI) as follows:
- a new paragraph was added to reflect the Commission’s oversight responsibilities related to the political activities of deputy heads (DH) and employees;
- a new paragraph addresses the privacy and system security and access requirements of client departments or agencies that receive identifiable Public Service Resourcing System data or with which the PSC shares personal information;
- the “Effective Date” section now contains only the statement concerning the effective date. (the statement regarding modifications is now in its own distinct section entitled “Modifications”);
- a statement concerning the obligation of DHs to inform the PSC when they vacate their position has been added;
- the list of authorities in “Annex A” now includes 26.1, “to consider and appoint, in priority to others, a person with a surviving spousal or common-law priority”; and
- the new Staffing Management Accountability Framework, as indicated in the Letters to Heads of Human Resources 10-10 and 10-11.
The amended standard ADAI is available on the PSC's Web site. DHs will not be required to sign an amended ADAI.
Should you have any questions, please contact the PSC Strategic Consultant responsible for your organization.
Vice-President, Policy Branch
c.c: Chiefs of Staffing
- Date modified: